Monday, April 25, 2011

Live from a Bar on the Upper West Side...


So, I'm enjoying the last days of my vacation... drinking what i'm assured is alcohol (even though, judging by ice/soda:liquor ratio, that's may be a bit of hyperbole) and eye flirting with local singles. (It's nice being the mysterious, handsome stranger in the bar at the laptop sometimes) I like looking at you too baby...

Anyway, I'm in the midsts of finishing up stories and making (potentially) life changing career decisions. Along the way, I've been trying to make some changes to the creative side of things that should begin making up for my absence from the internets for these last few months. Life is a motherfucker, but I promise those of you that've supported me, that things are about to get a lot more productive on my end.

First, I finished up Magic. You might remember this as the tale of loyalty, friendship and betrayal. Anyway, I couldn't get the musical part coordinated in time, but that's okay (maybe I'll use to concept for something else). Anyway, I'm gonna release Magic as a free, web download starting Monday, May 3. I still plan on releasing a hardcopy, on May 17, but I will still release it on the web in regular, weekly intervals (for those of you who don't like) book reading. It's a quicker read than most of my other shit and a nice Roshomon-esque (where are my theater/Asian culture nerds at) mystery. It'll keep you wondering until you read the last sentence about how exactly everything went down...

Second, for those of you that supported Listen: Vol. 1: death, Vol. 2: passion is getting set for a memorial day release (11/11/11). Look for a preview of Book VI: Meet the Parents in early May. For those of you out unfamiliar with Vol. 1, Listen is a series of illustrated novels that explores NYC life in the 21st Century. You don't have to be familiar with Vol. 1 to enjoy Vol. 2, but it will enrich your reading experience. Anyway, enough of me talking about my shit (I think I'm awesome, so I'm unapologetically biased), you can check out the website for a preview of Vol. 1, or check out what Reverend Manny had to say about my debut here.

As for the website, I'm still trying to find a replacement web designer. I'll have all this content uploaded and updated on the web by the summer.

Anyway, sorry for the absence. I've gotten re-focused and have tons of shit to share with you good people in cyber space. Look for weekly updates (via blogger, the fan page and eventually, the site)

Anyway, as with all my crazy, ambitions and goals... everything's subject to life and its beautifully ugly complications... until I can figure out how to post PDF docs on blogspot, enjoy the above image from the vault... it's called Year One from my Portrait of the Artist series of illustrations... more info on that one the next time the room stops spinning...

--End Transmission--

No comments:

Post a Comment