Thursday, July 2, 2009

Allow me to Re-Introduce Myself



"Hello Allow me to introduce myself My name is...(Shady) It's so nice to meet you It's been a long time I'm sorry I've been away so long My name is...(Shady) I never meant to leave you"

Eminem
"Hello"
Relapse

First off, I refer to myself as sir. S.I.R is an acronym for my parental given names. Sir is far too pretentious to apply to me...

Happennings in the world of literature...

So I finished the second edition of the book and it is insane. I reorganized the chapters to allow for a smother read. There's a lot more artwork and now all the pictures are in full color (thank you photoshop). Now that I've actualized my vision...

I can start moving on to...

Author events...

I'll be participating in an Authors Evening event at the Barnes & Noble in the Pallisades mall (West Nyak)next Wednesday, July 8. If you're in the area, stop by for my first bookstore event... http://tr.im/qDfS

Also... the new edition will be featured in the August edition of Insight Magazine... check out the current issue here... http://www.onefokus.org/insight/

While avoiding sleep and working diligently to burn myself out, I realized that this whole book peddler thing is a lot different from being an artist. In a manic fit of sleep deprivation, I spent several hours last night writing to tri-state area agencies. I think I'll keep a running tab of my rejections. I'll keep you folks posted on that...

Also prepping to start interviews soon... will post the info on where to find all that...



Anyway... I'm back... if you're in NY... you're likely trapped indoors anyway... so hit the comment section up since there is nothing you'd rather do than type at the screen...

--End Transmission--

2 comments:

  1. Don't get too stressed out. I've been slowly, painfully moving Uninvoked to its own domain and let me tell you, after awhile it seems like my brain is about to ooze out of my ears.

    Working your fingers to the bone is part of the whole process, and it should be part of the fun. At least...I think it is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this took so long...

    Thanks for hitting up the blog Uninvoked....

    True indeed Uninvoked, it truly is part of the fun and realizing a week later that you've left out "don't" from the first sentence and mispelled "smoother"... But I love the process the ride is thrilling and this summer is truly becoming a lot more fun for me... the new blog will fill you in...

    ReplyDelete